11.10.2011

Why I Hate Odd Future

I hate Odd Future, the new "alternative" hip hop collective out of LA that's comprised of MTV VMA Best New Artist Tyler, The Creator and some other skateboarding hoodlums from rich neighborhoods. Here is a bulleted list of why I hate them:

  • Pitchfork LOVES them. Therefore, a whole slew of lame white nerds that actually read that shitty website started listening to them. These kids don't even listen to rap in the first place!! Now they think they know everything about rap because they have homemade OFWGKTA shirts. Give me a fucking break. 
  • They cater their music to white kids. Just listen to any song. Most are about raping girls, running away from home, killing Bruno Mars, smoking weed and skateboarding. Ugh. Real rap is about fucking bitches and getting money. These lames know NOTHING about that. 
  • They say the C-word. NOT OKAY.
  • Tyler is dumb. He's just a dumb teen. I hate him. 
  • It's just shock rap. These freaks don't actually rape girls, but they rap about it. That dude, Earl Sweatshirt, got sent away to bad boy camp because his mom listened to his song. He's 17. I just threw up.
  • It's not authentic rap. Whatever, it's skateboard hipster rap, but that's not rap. It should be called indie. They're from rich neighborhoods in LA and grew up in the skate park.
  • If Waka and Tyler put out a mixtape (which is going to happen) I will probably die and never listen to Waka ever again. Can you say, "career killer?" Actually OF is so damn popular that Waka will probably become hugely famous. FUCK. I hate these stupid kids!!
  • Frank Ocean is the only member that I can actually stand. He's from New Orleans (represent!!) and I like him in "No Church in the Wild" from Watch the Throne. THE ONLY Tyler/OF song I like is "She" mostly because of Frank Ocean. 

Basically, it's just shitty rap for lame white nerds who wouldn't normally listen to rap. But I did see them live at Voodoo Fest in New Orleans a few weeks ago and it wasn't bad. I was listening from the VIP section so who knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment