11.13.2011

Outkast



I don't think there's any other hip hop group that is so universally popular and loved by pretty much everybody besides Outkast. I always say it's unpatriotic to not like Outkast. They've been putting out records for almost 20 years and have had smash hits such as "Hey Ya" and "Ms. Jackson" and others. I can't really explain why they're so good, but somehow they are.

About six months ago, I interviewed Big Boi. It was probably the most amazing 25 minutes of my life. He is so damn cool and smart. He said some really hilarious things, including quoting his own songs ("we're the coolest motherfunkers on the planet" and "you're only as funky as your last cut") and called me baby.

Basically, every album before Idlewild is my favorite. I love ATLiens so much, though, because it's such an important 1990s Atlanta rap album. Outkast is legendary and I hope they put out another album soon. Big Boi wouldn't tell me if they were going to do that, but I bet they will. Andre 3000 is too busy being on every popular rap and R&B song ever and Big Boi is doing whatever the hell he wants to. They're the coolest.

No comments:

Post a Comment