11.18.2011

Childish Gambino - Camp

I've heard a lot of good (and bad) things about Donald Glover, the Community actor/occasional rapper under the pseudonym "Childish Gambino." So, I decided to give his new album Camp a try. So far, it's pretty good. One of his lines is "the only black kid at a Sufjan concert" which upset me because I really hope this dude isn't another Odd Future-type lame-o, but it seems like he might be. I'm very impressed by "Bonfire" and "Outside" however. His rhymes are fresh and innovative, but he's not that hard, obviously. He has a degree in writing from NYU, I mean, come on.

I'm still very skeptical about this kid. I just read that he isn't actually Danny Glover's son, so I don't like him as much as I thought I would. Just kidding, but I'll just have to see what else he does and listen to the rest of this album. I'm weirded out by his Casey Anthony reference in "Bonfire" but I like it? It fits well.

This guy...no not really

THIS guy. He's a cutie too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment