11.18.2011

Lil Wayne - Paranormal Activity



Soulja Boy is really on top of his mixtape game, but he has nothing on Wayne. I've always been a huge Weezy fan, mostly because his mixtapes are absolutely amazing. Some of his best songs are from mixtapes. My favorites are Drought 3 and really the whole Dedication series. I just downloaded his new mixtape, Paranormal Activity and I'm pretty impressed so far.

I really like "Lite It Up" which is essentially a "Racks" (from Sorry 4 The Wait) and "Sure Thing" remix. It's really trippy listening to it on my headphones. He keeps saying "acid trip" and it pans from left to right. I may have just hallucinated. If anyone knows about drugs, it's Lil Wayne.

I also like the song with Game and Tyler, the Creator "Martians Vs. Goblins" and the song with Birdman and Nicki Minaj "YU Mad." I've heard that on the radio a lot, which is funny because it's off a mixtape (unless it's on Baby or Nicki's albums but I don't think so).

I need to listen to the rest of this tape to really develop an opinion on it, but so far it's pretty decent. I love Lil Wayne and his mixtapes are always generally good. It's his albums and his stupid shit with Young Money that sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment