11.13.2011

Book Idea

So I have this idea for a book that I want to write before I'm 30 (8 short years away, yikes) and I kind of stole it from this book I read in high school, but mine will be way different. I want to travel across America and visit cities that have well-known, but out of place music scenes. Places like Omaha, Neb. and Athens, Ga. Also bigger cities like Seattle, New Orleans, Atlanta and Minneapolis. I want to learn more about their music scenes (not necessarily rap, but that will be a big part of it.) Here's my long list; I probably won't be able to do all these cities so it's pretty ambitious:

Omaha, NE
Southern California (Orange County)
Athens, GA
Phoenix, AZ
San Francisco/Oakland/Bay Area, CA
Atlanta, GA
Philadelphia/Southern Jersey
Long Island
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
Austin, TX
Memphis, TN
Nashville, TN
New Orleans, LA
Mississippi
Minneapolis, MN
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Cleveland, OH
Detroit, MI
Boston, MA
Alabama
Branson, MO
Virginia Beach/other parts, VA (Chris Brown, Clipse, Pharrell)


So I need to start visiting these places, like yesterday. It's an ambitious goal, but I'm committed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment