11.14.2011

Lil B

I've been listening to a newcomer from Berkeley, Ca named Lil B. You may know him from the short-lived one hit wonder group, The Pack, known for their song "Vans" (an ode to the classic skate shoe). Lil B is like the west coast Gucci Mane or Soulja Boy. He's part of Stacks On Deck Money Gang (SODMG) and often raps with Soulja Boy. I like him a lot, besides his "BASEDGOD" obsession/whatever you call it. I don't get the word "based," I think it means "swag" but who knows. I need to brush up on my ebonics.

A few months ago, Lil B released his album, "I'm Gay (I'm Happy)" supposedly to show support for the LGBT community. This was met by much chagrin by the rap community. He was forced to add the "I'm Happy" part to it. He says he's not gay, so I believe him.

 He just put out a new song called "I GOT AIDS" which freaks me out. Lil B is really shocking; he doesn't have AIDS, but again it's for AIDS awareness. Check it out, it's not too bad, but it's shocking:

No comments:

Post a Comment