11.13.2011

Atlanta



Just found out I'm going to Atlanta next weekend and I couldn't be more excited. I went to Houston a few weeks ago and both of those cities are really fun for a rap fan, like myself.

I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I really believe Atlanta, Ga. is the hip hop mecca. I could name like 15+ rap superstars that call ATL home. It's a perfect mix of metropolitan/city and dirty southern rap. I'm gonna list a bunch of my favorite rappers and talk about why they make Atlanta so great.

  • Outkast - I wrote about them recently and I really can't say enough good things about them. They really encompass everything that Atlanta stands for.
  • Soulja Boy - obviously
  • Lloyd - I think I wrote about him, but I can't remember. He's one of my favorite R&B singers of all time and he's got one of the best albums of the year. 
  • Young Jeezy - also wrote about him and he's definitely one of my favorite rappers of all time.
  • The-Dream - do you see a trend? I mostly write about rappers and R&B singers/producers from ATL. He's a great producer and reps the A hard.  
  • T.I. - definitely one of my favorite rappers of all time. He's just so influential and inspirational. I love everything that he stands for. 
  • Dem Franchize Boyz - hilarious. They filmed "Talkin' Out the Side of Your Neck" at my friend's high school (Grady HS). 
  • Ying Yang Twins - also hilarious. I love them.
I'm sure there's A LOT more, but this is what I could come up with. I stay on that FILA - Forever I Love Atlanta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment