11.11.2011

It's Expensive Being an Audiophile



I took this class last year called "Legal Issues in the Music Industry" and it was all about copyright law. It sucked, but the teacher was super cool. Most of the music industry teachers at my school are really cool and they all Grammys and stuff. He showed us a picture of his home stereo and it was sick. Huge ass speakers and a dope looking receiver. He said "One day, you'll be able to afford a stereo like mine." I really liked that, because he was an entertainment lawyer and obviously had a lot of money and only taught for fun. This dude was teaching us how to be successful in the music industry so we can make enough money and buy something that benefits our business.

I'm taking this music technology class and we had to buy professional, studio monitor headphones. These (above pictured) cost me (my parents) $100. What, you think I'm gonna buy something for school? But these are SO much better than a stupid textbook. I listen with them everyday when I walk to school. I love the walk from my house to campus because it takes about 10 minutes which is enough for about 3 songs on my sweet headphones.

If you love music and you can, buy good stereo equipment. You should do the music you're listening to justice by listening to it on quality equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment