11.10.2011

R&B I Like

Ok, so I really like R&B. I've been listening to it all my life (oldies and current) and I'm a huge fan. There's some really amazing R&B singers out there. Every time you listen to the radio, you hear a great R&B jam. Here are my current favorites (in no particular order):

  • Lloyd- His first single "Get It Shawty" is a certified dance song. I've heard it at many bars and parties and it's great. What really caught my attention was his chorus in Young Money's "Bedrock" which, despite some of the rappers on that song, is really good. Everyone should listen to Lloyd's remix on his Lloyd & Friends mixtape (www.datpiff.com, search for Lloyd&Friends), which is a dope mixtape in the first place. He gets a couple of verses, which he kills (one line I love - "beat it up like an ultimate fighter). His new album, King of Hearts, is my #1 favorite album of 2011. I really wish I could put into words how fucking amazing this album is. Best R&B album in 10 years, I gurantee it. There are some kind of lame slow jams, but hey, it's R&B. There are some serious jams on that album. I like "Dedication to My Ex" featuring Andre 3000, which some people are calling the "Fuck You" of 2011, but I think it's a lot better. Also, "Luv Me Girl" featuring Chris Brown "Bang!!!" and "Be the One" featuring Trey Songz and Jeezy. Every song is pretty great. Go out and get it, I'm serious when I say it's the best album of 2011. So damn good.
  • Chris Brown- I want to hate him so so so bad because he's a fucking terrible person, but he's just so good. Really every one of his singles this year have been hits. He's very radio friendly and that voice is so undeniably good. He should burn in hell though, but he's still a talented musician. 
  • Trey Songz- "Can't Be Friends" is a sad reminder of ruined friendships and "Bottoms Up" and "Say Aah" are great radio jams. He's good. 
  • Beyonce - She's just the best. 4 is the second best album of 2011. I can't wait until her super child with Jay-Z is born. It's going to be the baddest, best looking, talented singer/rapper of all time. Cannot wait. 
That's my list. I'm sure there are others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment