11.19.2011

Trey Songz - #LemmeHolDatBeat2


So, earlier this month, Trey Songz put out a new mixtape, #LemmeHolDatBeat2. I was skeptical about listening to it, because I listened to his last mixtape, Anticipation II and hated it. It was all slow R&B jams, but whatever, I'm hungover and I wanna listen to new music so I downloaded it from datpiff.com. Turns out, he raps and doesn't sing. Well, he sings a little bit (mostly backup vocals and choruses). I was REALLY surprised (I always say that, but it's true) by how good this mixtape is.

I really like the opening track "Jackin For Beats" and the "She Will" remix. Overall, it's a pretty nice little change of pace from the usual Trey Songz. I'm actually a huge Trigga fan, his newest album Passion, Pain & Pleasure is really good. I'm very pleased with this mixtape, glad I decidedly to listen to it today. 

[Side note: I got a Wordpress blog today -www.whitegirlrap.wordpress.com - and imported all these posts so I could easily transfer it to a real URL soon. Watch out for www.whitegirlrap.com soon!]

No comments:

Post a Comment