12.09.2011

Elephant in the Sand


Man, I really love this mixtape. I've never been a huge G-Unit fan, but I've enjoyed their stuff. This is a great tape. It's basically a big diss to Fat Joe and the title is a play on his "Elephant in the Room" which came out on the same day in March 2008 (Yeah this is an old tape). Also, that's him on the beach on the cover, which is another play on the title. So cool and funny. 50 Cent doesn't play when he has a beef. He forced Ja Rule into retirement!

I listened to this a lot my senior year in high school. I bumped it in my '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse (which had some pretty good speakers btw). I especially loved "I Fucked Your Girl" which is a remix of The-Dream's "I Love Your Girl" which subsequently got me to listen to The-Dream. "Hollow Thru Him" is a dope jam with a bumpin beat. "Chase Da Cat" is a 50 love song, very similar to "Candy Shop." It's so good. All the tracks are dope as fuck. I wish they made mixtapes like this/I wish 50 still rapped like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment