12.08.2011

Chilldren



So apparently everybody at my school knows that I'm a huge rap fan. Yesterday, one of my professors stopped me in the hall and said "I need to talk to you about something." Thinking I was in trouble like I usually am (she follows me on Twitter and says some of the things I say are NC-17), I was like "Uh oh, what did I do/say this time?" She actually wanted to tell me about one of her students who is a rapper. She thought I'd like to talk to her because "rap is obviously your expertise" and that I like to discover new rap. So I listened to this group called Chilldren (I LOVE that name because I love to chill). First thing I noticed is that there are 2 white kids in the group and they were saying the n-word, which is not cool. But then I realized that one of their members is socially allowed to say that, so it's all good. Their stuff is a lot like White Girl Mob and goes with "rap's new wave" that's so in right now. I love this shit so much. I love local and upcoming rappers and to know that there are some seriously talented kids at my school makes me realize that Loyno isn't as bad as I thought after all. Whoever produced this stuff really knows what they're doing. I love the video game/chopped and screwed beat in "Super Effective." The best part is that I remember these kids were dancing and going buck to the music I played when I DJed a gig at Loyno a few weeks ago. They're playing a show this Saturday that I will be attending.

I just love that people know me as a music writer and come to me with new rap and for advice. Really makes all the writing that I do worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment