12.07.2011

BEST OF 2011: Spotify

This summer, the most coveted email invitations were for Google Plus and Swedish/Bristish music sharing/listening interface Spotify. I got both and was so excited. Unlike Google Plus, Spotify wasn't a lame Facebook ripoff. It's really the best thing to happen to my music listening experience. Here are the reasons I love it:

  1. Unlike Pandora, you can make playlists of specific songs, not just artists. They have most everything, except Rock the Boat by Aaliyah (which is dumb). 
  2. It syncs up with your iTunes, so you can put whatever music that's on your computer on your Spotify playlists. I love this feature because I listen to a lot of mixtapes that aren't on Spotify so I can integrate that music with my Spotify songs. Amazing.
  3. If you pay $10 a month for premium (which I do, such a great deal), you can make your playlists "available offline" which basically means you can download music for (almost) free.
  4. Also, if you have premium Spotify, you can sync it up with mobile devices like iPhone or Android products. I have an Android tablet, so I can listen to my Spotify on that offline. 
  5. They have a radio station that's not as specific as Pandora, but it's still cool. 
  6. There's no limit if you pay (I think it's 10 hours a week for free, which is nothing, but you're getting individual tracks for free!)
  7. You can share your playlists with your Facebook friends. I have a lot of amazeballs playlists that I always share with my homies. Everybody's favorite is my Houston playlist. 
  8. They have reviews under most albums, which is pretty cool.
This is one of the best things to happen in 2011 and if you don't have Spotify, you should get it right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment